In My Utmost For His Highest today, the reading really hit home.
It was from Isaiah 45:22 "Look to me and be saved.."
Olwald chambers says our difficulties, our trials, and our worries about tomorrow all vanish when we look to God.
This reminds me of when I woke up in ICU after open-heart surgery and my heart went into A-Fib (beating real fast and hard). I layed there with a breathing tube and who knows what else hookded up hearing the nurses sounding frantic and unable to get my heart to calm down. As I layed there I wanted to communicate, "Get Dr. Verrier in here, I know that if I just know he is here my heart will rest and not be in a panic." The Dr. did come eventually and shortly there after their remedies worked.
If only I can remember to look to Him, focus on Him and not my circumstances.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment