Monday, January 28, 2008

Knowing Love

Jesus has a goal and that goal is to make the Father known to us because he wants us to experience the love of Father God. We can know the Father by knowing Jesus. We can know Jesus by accepting His Word, believing with certainty that He was sent from the Father and obeying Him.

His Word says that Jesus will continue to make the Father known (John 17:26) and he prayed for us in John 17:20 when he prayed for all those who will believe in Him (Jesus) through the disciples message.

If you wonder what Father God is like, Heb. 1:3 says Jesus is the exact representation of the Father. Rom. 1::20 tells us that since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen and understood from what he created…


Matt 11:27 “…No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

John 17: 6"I have revealed you (The Father) to those whom you gave me out
of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your
word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with
certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

John 17:20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are
in me and I am in you.

John 17:25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

1 comment:

Dan Foss said...

Hi Lynn. Trying to leave a post.
Dan